Recce Carbine Course
Q Ranch: Raton, New Mexico
Recce Carbine Course
Follow Through courses at Quintanilla Ranch—or “Q Ranch” as we like to call it—is all about the experience! Located outside of Raton, NM, the ranch sits on 50,000+ pine covered acres, where shooters will be provided with first-class mountain lodging in an authentic hunter’s lodge, as well as delicious chef-prepared meals & snacks. (see photos, left). For detailed lodging/site & questions, contact: [email protected]
COURSE DESCRIPTIONS & GEAR LISTS:
The Recce Carbine Course is a (3) day tactical firearms training based on the fundamentals of gunfighting and small unit tactics utilizing a “Recce” AR setup (variable or fixed powered scope, 14.5″-16″-barreled AR platform, preferred). Shooters will be challenged executing various courses of fire and maneuvering in a mountainous environment (ranging from 10-500m). Additionally, Shooters will be presented with optimal techniques and procedures in setting up and employing their Recce carbine and associated kit (light weight pack and load bearing belt/vest).
- Shooters are required to have successfully completed a basic AR course prior to attending this course.
- All Shooter’s MUST possess a mastery in safe weapons manipulation and the clearing of malfunctions with the AR platform or bolt-gun. (This is not a “beginner course”).
Course Subjects/Topics covered:
- Gun fighting tenets
- Range estimation
- Fire & Maneuver techniques
- Identifying Points of Domination
- Implementation of cover and concealment
- Target discrimination
- Observation of engagement feedback
- Methods of target engagement (10 to 500 meters)
- Establishing a hasty range card
Recce Carbine setup requirements:
Shooters must possess a variable powered optic with the Tremor3 reticle (Tremor2, H59, and H58 are acceptable). Leupold Scopes with Tremor3 reticle are available to loan for students on site if needed. Please let us know in advance if you will need a loaner scope.
Carbine barrel length:
Ideal barrels lengths for the course are 14.5” or 16”. That being said, shooters can run an SBR with a magnified optic and offset sites or an SPR with an 18” barrel, MK6 3-18, and offset sites.
Carbine Caliber(s)/Ammo Requirements:
- 5.56, .224 Valkyrie, 300BO are authorized calibers for this course (Please contact us if you desire to run a different caliber than listed).
- 600 rounds of quality ammo are required for the Recce course (i.e. Frontier 55gr FMJ or 62gr FMJ). Absolutely NO RELOADS!
Additional Carbine requirements:
- Two-point sling (i.e. Vickers tactical sling)
- (3) 30 round AR magazines (at a minimum)
- Flash Hider or suppressor only. NO MUZZLE BRAKES PERMITTED!!!
- Day Pack (small pack)
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Sub-load belt or load bearing vest (to retain magazines)
- Light weight hikers or trail running shoes (students should take seasonal/winter weather into consideration)
- Tool (i.e. Leatherman)
- Rear bag
Total Cost of each course is $2,500:
Two separate payments are required.
$1,500 for Lodging at Q Ranch Hunter’s Lodge, Chef prepared meals (3 squares + snacks), and Range fees (paid to Q Ranch prior to the start of the course).
$1,000 for Tuition – paid upon registration at http://www.followthroughconsulting.com/new-products/q-ranch-new-mexico-scoped-carbine
Pay Food & Lodging Here
Winter Recce Carbine Course – No current dates scheduled. Submit the form below to be notified when upcoming dates are scheduled.
Once you’ve checked out you’ll receive a link to visit Buck Doyle’s site at http://www.followthroughconsulting.com/new-products/q-ranch-new-mexico-scoped-carbine to pay for tuition. (You must pay for tuition at the time you reserve your lodging.)